Saturday, November 15, 2008

I am going crazy

I feel like lately all I ever do is clean up one mess after another, feed one hungry person after another ranging in ages from 35 to 2 years old, while constantly trying to be nice and not loose my patience. Tonight all of the kids were SCREAMING at me because I got the wrong movie from red box. We just got back from eating dinner and they all want me to make them something to eat. Ya know it has just been one of those nights...I was thinking about one of my favorite scriptures so I thought I would share it with you. (In case any of you are feeling like I am these past few days) It is found in 1 Nephi 21;14-16 Behold I will not forget thee...I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me... So this is VERY comforting to me to know that I am not alone. Even when I feel like climbing into bed and not coming out until the kids all go to school.

10 comments:

skcoe said...

Next time they scream at you for getting the wrong movie, walk right back out the door, take the movie back, get a chick flick, and come to my house. The ice cream is on me.

SO SORRY! That's frustrating.

J.E. said...

I love that everyone has blogs now! I'm going to add you to my contacts if that's OK, this is such a great way to keep in touch and get to know eachother! And I totally know how you are feeling in your post- I know I only have 1 child right now, but I can relate with one of "those kind of days".

Nicole S. said...

I love that first comment by skcoe! That would be so funny if you really did that.

Tracey said...

Such a good idea to have a scripture to think of. The past couple of weeks, when kids are acting like that I tell them "We're having Joy in the journey". If I tell myself that over and over again out loud, it will be true.

Sherral said...

I know how you feel! I always think- and this too shall pass!

Anonymous said...

I so agree with Sheryl! SERENITY NOW is all I say! hope u survived :)

Rachel M said...

I agree with the above quote from emily-SERENITY NOW! It's my mantra and I say it daily:) Kids can be such joys sometimes! I feel your pain and I wish I lived closer so we could save each other during moments like those!!

easleyfamily said...

When you take Sheryls advice, call me over because I can almost guarentee that I'm having the same kind of day...it seems there are a lot more of those lately!

Debbie said...

I know those days all too well. I am still trying to find the "joy" in motherhood most of the time. It'll all be worth it in the end, right???

Hey, send me your email so I can give you an invite.

Sarah Lee said...

I love the scripture. Do you think they have that in vinyl yet? My new favorite phrase is "let me have patience for all of my blessings" Makes me smile every time.